Friday, August 19, 2011

Homebrew: Multiplayers rules

The offical rules said that any number of people could play, I played a 6 player game, once, and my idea to make it work was not that great, its been years since then, and I belive I have a way to make it work. Idealy, try to have an even number of players, but hopefully this should not matter.
------------
Okay, so all of the rules from normal are in effect, or use my homebrewed rules from combind attacks, but be sure to use my home rule for no infinite deck looping.
The following is going to change for the multiplayer game.
----
Start with a 2Vp monster and a 1Vp monster in play.

Hand balance is incresed by 1 for everyone. (6 without Artemis, 7 with)

VP total for win should be 6 + 1 for each player beound two (7 vp for 3 players) ((I normaly play to 10 vp so for me this would be 10+1))

Unlike the normal or home rules, attack on turn one is alowed.

Because your Scouts/Knights are facing meny monsters the "self knock out of monster" rule only is active if NO OTHER PLAYER (other then you) has a monster out, this is very unlikely but in theroy could happen.

Typicly in multi player games someone gets attacked so much that they might feel frustrated and quit, to prevent this the "king of the hill" rule is in place- this rule is that whomever has the highest VP is the one that all players may attack, if there is a tie for top VP then players may attack whomever they conseder a threat.
If no one is in the lead, or everyone is tied the rule is that one player may be attacked by any number of players - however, if one player has had more then one player attack there monsters/villans the next round they must have 1 less player attack them.

For this example I am in a 4 player game. (including myself)
Example I have No Vp (nor does anyone else) but since I am really good at this game, everyone in the game with me desides to go after my monsters. Thats 3 players who have all toseed whatever they had at my monsters! All on the first turn! Yikes. I am wiped of monsters by the end, but I make a very good recovery and set up for next time. This following round, only 2 players can go after me since 3 players went after me last round. ((You might want a marker to keep track of how meny players went after you every round)) - So 2 players go after me again, geez! Next round only 1 can. Now - the key here is that it will never drop below 1. Someone should always be able to go after you, if they want. This rule is just to keep things more fair.

--------

Teams. 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc.

Teams are OKAY - I would say that teams are really not nessary, but if you REALLY want to, the only thing that changes is seeing each other hands - and possibly being able to use each others cards- BUT, although this does (in theroy) open up the possibly of one person making an all "defenceive" deck and the other making an all attack deck - it also makes discarding a pain since you should still discard the cards to whomever owns them discard pile - this is not a problem if you have difernt sleeves on the cards. Things like Chad would always target your discard, never your teammate, there Luna and your Luna only count for your/there scout/knights - not both.

But, I have not been able to do team testing AT ALL so I am not sure about this, the main rules should work fine for multi player. Let me know if you ever try out my ideas for team play! Untill next time, Sailor Moon says seeya!

No comments:

Post a Comment